The Great Indian Gin Trail
Location:Pune, Maharashtra, India
About The Experience
In the last few years, a spirit that was earlier labelled as an old-man's drink has risen the ranks to become the new cool drink. India's once non-existent gin scene has exploded today, and we are here for it.
Expansive flavour profiles, distinct characteristics, interesting combinations - all laced with the most fascinating stories, this experience will help you uncover some brilliantly crafted Indian gins.
This Gin Trail will comprise a guided blind-tasting of the 10 hottest gins of India. We bet most of you will find at least one craft label you've never met before!
At the experience, here's what you'll do:
- Start off the experience with a round of introductions and ice-breakers.
- First our artist will introduce you to the history of gins, some surprising facts and their growing popularity in our country.
- Next, we get straight to the point - an indulgent gin tasting under the expertise of our sommelier.
- One by one, you blind-taste 10 stellar Indian gins, delve deep into their making and decode the qualities that set them apart from one another.
- The rounds of gin tasting will be infused with interesting tales and anecdotes around the spirit and its origins.
- An open round of questions, discussions and conversation follows, with everyone in high spirits!
When: Sunday, 9th Oct, 5-6:30 PM
Cost: ₹3,000 for 1 participant
Location: Malaka Spice, KP, Pune
Conducted By: Gagan Sharma
Customise this experience for a private group.Book a Group Experience
- A guided blind-tasting of 10 different gins, all crafted in India, under the guidance of an expert sommelier.
- Fascinating stories behind the origins, the making and the popularity of gins in India to help you decode the brilliantly crafted spirit.
- An exclusive Morning Fresh Hangover preparation kit by Indulge India.
- The possibility of discovering your new favourite brand of Indian-made gin.
- One ticket is valid for one participant.
- Ticket price includes the cost of all the spirits for the guided gin-tasting, including bar nibbles.
- The experience will be conducted by the passionate Gagan Sharma, founder of Indulge India.
- Registrations close one day prior to the date of the experience.
Email - email@example.com
Mobile - +91 82629 16889
As our cities swell, we tend to do fewer and repetitive things for recreation. With Trove, you get to break the monotony and explore fresh activities in your city, meet like-minded souls, and develop a deeper appreciation for the finer things.
Most of us likely resonate with terms like 'workshops' or 'events.’ What makes these an 'experience' is the energies we put into scouring the right artists, creators and storytellers, to ensure that each Trove Experience leaves you enriched with meaningful moments to collect for your very own treasure trove.
Gagan Sharma, a certified sommelier, writer and educator is the founder of Indulge India, a wine and beverage school that also offers unique experiences around spirits to consumers like you and us. Gagan's professional experience spans a decade, and he has several prestigious international recognitions under his belt. Gagan has lent his expertise to several renowned hospitality brands and F&B chains. Through his journey, he has collected interesting anecdotes worth a lifetime to share.
Quite a 'spirited' person, Gagan is also an avid traveller, reader, writer, en route to becoming a professional mountaineer and paragliding pilot.